Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Soup Week: Hot Cheese Soup

















A couple of weeks back we had tacos for dinner, and whenever we have tacos for dinner, I always make this soup the next day with any leftovers we have left in the fridge - it's the perfect soup to use them up and is so easy! Actually, again it's a soup that my dad always made growing up, and I've continued doing it over the years. The soup itself is really cheesy, and pretty hearty (with the meat and tomatoes), and what really makes it is so good is that it's nice and spicy. I LOVE it, but my husband doesn't care for it. Oh well, more for me!

Hot Cheese Soup
Mikyn's Kitchen
Serves 3-4

1 can Cheddar cheese soup
4 cups milk
1/4 pound or so fully cooked taco-seasoned ground beef
1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/3 cup tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup taco sauce or salsa (I use the "medium" hot one)
Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Salt & pepper to taste

1. In a medium size saucepan, add the can of cheddar cheese soup, stirring and slowly adding the milk until incorporated.

2. Add the ground beef, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, salsa, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper. Stir, and bring to almost a boil. Let simmer for a couple of minutes to ensure that the meat is heated through. Taste and re-season as necessary. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment